Hayley and the Hot Flashes
by Jayne Jaudon Ferrer
When five middle-aged girlfriends trade in carpools and casseroles for microphones and music halls, look out!
Hayley Swift, a country music diva who has slipped out of the limelight, gets more attention when she's mistaken for Taylor Swift's mom than for her former glory days. When she's invited to perform at her 35th high school reunion, a bus accident puts her back-up singers in a hospital, Hayley begs her long-gone-domestic quartet from high school to join her onstage for the gig. They're such a hit that she invites the women to fill in on a low-budget tour for a couple of weeks while her singers recover. Thrilled at the chance to flee routine for a dream deferred for decades, the friends readily accept.
Nefarious flirtations, indiscriminate mood swings, equipment malfunctions, and a few nasty cat-fights combine to wreak havoc on the Retro Rodeo tour, but it's a crazed stalker, an overzealous fan, and an unexpected pregnancy that ultimately derail the road trip. In the midst of the mayhem, friendships and fantasies are redefined as the women come together to face one's debilitating illness. True love emerges from the tragedy, though, and the friends discover new strengths and aspirations as this adventure ends and new ones begin.
Hayley and the Hotflashes will make you laugh out loud and indulge in your favorite "what if" fantasies as they deal with sickness, stage fright, attitudes, egos, temptations, testosterone, and more.
• Saturday, July 16, 12 - 4 PM, Barnes & Noble, 735 Haywood Rd, Greenville, SC
• Saturday, July 30, 1 - 4 PM, Barnes & Noble, 1125 Woodruff Rd
Suite 1810, Greenville, SC
• Friday, Sept. 9, 12:30 - 1:30 PM, Literary Luncheon with with Jayne Jaudon Ferrer, Story & Song Neighborhood Bookstore Bistro, 1430 Park Avenue, Fernandina Beach, FL
• Saturday, Sept. 10, 2 - 4 PM, Barnes & Noble, 4414 SW College Road Ste 500, Ocala, Florida
• Tuesday, Sept. 13, 5 - 7 PM, Cats on Main, 17 E. Main Street, #2715, Wauchula, Florida
• Saturday, Oct. 22, 11 AM - 1 PM, Newnan Book Company, 2 Jackson Street, Newnan, GA
• Saturday, Nov. 12, 9 AM - 3 PM, Catholic Church of St. Luke Craft Bazaar, 4408 Hwy. 86, Easley, SC
• Saturday, Jan. 21, 2023, 10 AM - 2 PM, Southern Author Expo, Hughes Main Library,25 Heritage Green Place, Greenville, SC
• Saturday, Feb. 18, 2023, 10 AM - 4 PM, Book signing at The Amelia Island Author Expo & Reader Extravaganza, Fernandina Beach Middle School, 315 Citrona Drive, Fernandina Beach, FL